NRLDC is the apex body to ensure integrated operation of the power system in the Northern Region.
The main responsibilities of NRLDC are:
- To ensure the integrated operation of the power system in the Northern Region.
- Monitoring of system parameters and system security.
- Daily scheduling and operational planning.
- Facilitating bilateral and inter-regional exchanges of power.
- Analysis of tripping/disturbances and facilitating immediate remedial measures.
- System studies,planning and contingency analysis.
- Augmentation of telemetry, computing and communication facilities.
- Computation of energy despatch and drawal values using SEMs.